Summer Reading Program 2022
Remember Summer Reading as a kid? When you’d log your books and eagerly await earning that sweet, sweet Pizza Hut personal pan pizza? We do.
This year, Bayonne Public Library is moving the Summer Reading Program online…and expanding it to all ages! From babies to adults, we have a summer reading program for you! All age levels are eligible to earn prizes when they log their reading or participate in activities at the library. Prizes are different for each age range and vary from Pop-Its and Pop Sockets to beach bags and sand pails & shovels! Some of our prizes even come from local businesses like Clutch Moto and Rudo Plants!
When does the Summer Reading Program run?
From June 24th to September 6th you can log your reading and participate in activities. You can create a Beanstack account before June 24th, but anything you log will not count to the summer reading program tallies until June 24th.
How do you sign up?
No matter where you are this summer and no matter how many readers you have in your household - just you or a whole crew! - registration and logging are simple.
- Go to our Beanstack website (bayonnelibrary.beanstack.com) or download the “Beanstack” app from your device’s app store.
- Click or tap “Register an individual or family”.
- Fill in your information! Beanstack allows families to be linked together, so all family members can be accessed with one log-in.
How do you log minutes or activities?
- Visit the Beanstack site or open the app.
- Click the “Log Reading and Activities” button on the upper left corner of the site or tap the blue Plus sign (+) in the app. Love reading as a family? You can batch log the same book and/or reading time for all family members at once!
- Follow the prompts to log your accomplishments!
How do you redeem your prizes?
When you get a message on your screen that you’ve earned a prize, come to the Children’s Room (for children and teens) or the Reference Room (for adults) and we will help you redeem your prizes. You can redeem your prizes as you earn them or wait and redeem them all at once. Whatever works with your summer!
What if you have more questions?
If you need help registering, logging, or troubleshooting an issue, email our Outreach Librarian, Melody, at [email protected] OR visit the Reference Room or the Children’s Room for assistance in person. If possible, please bring the device(s) you’re planning to use Beanstack on with you.